Sumatra Kratom derives its name from the Island Sumatra that is the largest Island in Indonesia. The Southeast Asia regions are known for their soil enrichment, Sumatra is one of them providing alkaloid rich Kratom to the whole world. Sumatra Island is also called “A Coffee Growing Paradise.” Kratom and Coffee have been produced here for thousands of years. Indonesian laws allow farmers to harvest and sell Kratom legally, unlike many other Kratom producing regions like Malaysia.
Sumatra is a strain of Kratom grown in Sumatra, an Island in Indonesia. Biologically called Mitragyna Speciosa.
A humid environment that is warm and a lot of rains make the Sumatra Island best for growing Mitragyna Speciosa trees that are as tall as almost 90 feet. Illegal cutting down and logging has reduced the number of native trees, but there are still several old wild trees present to give an alkaloid rich Kratom strain.
Growth and Production
The leaves grew on the Kratom trees in Sumatra are handpicked by the local farmers in Indonesia. The freshness of the leaves determines the quality of Sumatra Kratom. They are then appropriately treated and crushed to powder form and separated based on Vein color.
The raw crushed Kratom leaves are sent to the specific Vendors all over the world directly or through a 3rd party.
There they are produced and treated according to the standards.
- Lab testing.
- Chemical testing.
- Quality check.
- It is converted to the desired product like powder form or capsules or in the way of tinctures.
Properties and ingredients in Sumatra Kratom
Kratom produces its divine effects on human brains because it contains many chemical substances in its original configuration. Alkaloids make up to 80 percent of the chemical content. Sumatra Kratom has three major components that are responsible for its popularity.
- An alkaloid having psychotropic effects
- Raubasine is specific for red strain
This a list of some major alkaloids out of more than 40 total chemical compounds that interact with the opioid receptors in the brain, helping the user to get calm as well as an energetic state of mind.
Why is Sumatra Kratom so special?
Sumatra Island forests have a high content of Alkaloids that is rarely found in any soil in the whole world. The more the alkaloids, the more reliable and better is the effect on brain receptors. Sumatra Kratom is unique due to its exceptional psychotropic properties.
How to Store Sumatra Kratom?
Natural and herbal stuff is prone to mold, fungus, and other kinds of organisms that make it bad for its users if not stored properly.
The natural shelf life of Sumatra Kratom is hardly one month if natural conditions. So If you bought your Kratom in bulk, you need to store it properly for long term use.
Short Term Storage
- Take an airtight jar and put Kratom in it.
- Place it away from direct sunlight like a kitchen cabinet or refrigerator.
- Keep it in low or average temperatures.
- Try to store it in some damp and cold place.
- This can store Sumatra Kratom for almost 3-4 months.
Long Term Storage
Try taking a vacuum seal bag and seal kratom in it and again store in a damp, cool place. Protect from UV lights and high temperatures.
Avoid storing with other stuff as Sumatra Kratom can pick up smells around it.
Always check for signs of Mold, discoloration, and loss of odor; if any of these signs are present, don’t use the stored one and buy fresh.
Types of Sumatra Kratom
Sumatra is obtained from the leaves of Kratom plants. Different plants have different colored leaves veins. The color of the leaf vein determines the color if the strain.
But these different color strains are significant because vein difference comes with a lot of different effects. Sumatra Kratom comes with three different strains:
Effects of Sumatra Kratom Strains
Like any Strain, Sumatra kratom has the same effects. These include:
Nervousness relief: Sumatra Kratom eases the brain cells and nerves and, in return, calms the mental and physical aches.
Stress relief: As explained above, Kratom relaxes the nerves and causes stress relief.
Helps with Insomnia and sleep irregularities. Mind calmness, reduction in aches and nervousness, masks the discomfort that induces sleep.
Strain related Uses
Sumatra Red Strain Kratom is the most potent strain containing a large number of Alkaloids that activate the opioid receptors in the brain that produce significant benefits.
Some of the uses are:
- Best nervousness reliver among all strains.
- Relaxing effect.
- Hopeful and positive mental state.
What makes Red Strain Different from others?
Red Sumatra Kratom is among the best selling products in all markets. It is better than other strains because of its many properties:
- It contains more Alkaloid content than any other Strain of Sumatra Origin.
- It has a robust effect that makes it the best choice for use in relief. All kinds of aches are treated, so it makes it a universal herbal remedy for Muscle and body discomfort.
- It relaxes the nerves and calms the mind that helps people in coping with nervousness.
- It the most long-lasting Strain; it stays in the system sometimes up to 9-10 hours. That makes it favorable for people who use it for long-term effects.
The white kratom strain is less potent in comparison to the Red Strain. This makes it the best choice for people looking for mild effects.
- It is non-sedative making it perfect for day time use
- It makes the body energetic and increases focus.
- Increased enthusiasm and positive energy.
The green kratom strain has both the properties of Red and White strains but mild than both of the strains. The users can select one according to their needs.
Sumatra Kratom Dosage and Use
- Beginners: For people who don’t take Kratom daily, should start by taking the milder strain and at low dosage. A high dosage can cause some discomfort like Nausea, vomiting, nystagmus, and whirling of the head. It’s better that you start at a low dose and gradually increase it with time. The best dosage for beginners is 0.5g.
- Dosage for loyal users: The ranges are as below:
- Low dose: 1.0 to 2.0 grams.
- Intermediate dose: 2- 3 grams.
- High dose: 3-4 grams.
- Very High dose: 4-5 grams.
- Extreme dose: up to 6 grams.
Six grams is the highest dose and should not be increased further as it can lead to side effects. As excess of everything is bad.
Over dosage: Being herbal doesn’t mean that there are no side effects. Many people use Kratom after withdrawal as compensation. This may lead to several not desirable results as:
- Jerking of eyes
- Emotional episodes
- Runny nose.
It’s better to use Kratom in the right dosage.
Taste of Sumatra Kratom
We all know anything from mother nature, and pure without artificial flavors don’t taste good. Take Kava or Black Coffee. All taste bitter.
One way to describe Sumatra Kratom’s taste is that its taste is herbal. Grass-like and herbal, some people may find it bitter too. If you like the bitter herbal taste, then it’s not going to be a problem for you, but some people can’t handle such bitterness that easily.
Forms and Ways of using Sumatra Kratom
People take their Kratom the way they like it.
- You can ingest it in powder form directly.
- Capsule forms are also available nowadays.
- Make it a tea or make it coffee, make it just the way you like it.
- People use it in their daily recipes like smoothies and judges.
- Mix it with some acidic juice to neutralize the Alkaloid taste.
Forms Available in Market: Kratom is available in many forms now in the market to help people use it in the way they like.
Where to Buy Pure Sumatra Kratom?
With growing popularity, there are vendors all over the internet claiming to sell the best quality kratoms. Always look for Reddit and Customer Reviews for the website.
Super Natural Botanicals, Divine Botanicals, Purkratom are some of the authentic vendors based in the US.
You can find Premium Quality Sumatra Kratom strains on these sites.
Sumatra Kratom, due to extensive usage and benefits, is rare to find as well as if you find premium quality, the prices are high. However, the benefits are so divine to be left out of. The general price ranges that are ongoing in the market for Sumatra Kratom strains are:
- Red Sumatra Kratom Strain:
- Powder form: Ranges from $39.99 to $89.99z for up to half kilograms
- Capsule form: This usually range from $15.99 to $19.99.
- White Sumatra Kratom Strain:
- Powder form: Ranges from $15.99 for 1Oz to $189.99 for 1kg.
- Capsule form: Ranges up to $20 for ten capsules.
- Green Sumatra Kratom Strain:
- Powder form: Ranges for $16 to $190 for 1Oz to 1 kg re, respectively.
- Capsule form: Up to $20 for every ten capsules.
How to Choose the Right Strain
Different Strains have different properties. Apart from features, there are grades to which they produce their effects.
Grades of Action:
- Red Sumatra Kratom has the most Strong effects. It is sedative and has relaxing effects. It is very effective against nervousness. For those seeking substantial relief should go for Red Sumatra Kratom. Red strain stays in the system for more than 8-9 hours. So it has long-lasting
- The white strain has Mild effects is more towards producing energetic traits in the body. It stays in the body for like up to 3 hours.
- Green strain is mild and has properties of both red and white.
In conclusion, Sumatra is one of the most potent and Potent Kratom strains out there with normal price ranges and has a ton of medicinal and herbal benefits. However, the FDA has not yet approved Kratom for medical use and is under trial.