How To Prepare Riau Kratom Tea in 3 Easy Steps23 Jul
How many of you crave for a cup of tea early in the morning or when the sun is setting?
What’s better? A cup of Riau Kratom tea!
Although kratom tea has gained a surge in popularity in recent years, it is not new as it seems to be. This Southeast Asian herb, Kratom, has been an integral part of many cultures for ages. The kratom tea has enjoyed a position in various socioreligious ceremonies in the past. Its fame reached the western world and then spread like fire in the forest. Now it’s the talk of the town!
So let us get started with brewing a cup of Riau kratom tea!
The best and the first step of every recipe or procedure is to get all the prerequisites aligned in front of us so during the process you don’t have to rush here and there to search an ingredient nor in the middle of the process you would find out that you are short of an ingredient, so let us get sorted first:
Step by step process to make kratom tea
Things you will need:
- Saucepan (preferably with a pouring spout)/ teapot or a large container depending upon the method of tea preparation you opt for
- Water, whichever method you select, this ingredient is indispensable for obvious reasons
- Riau Kratom Powder or crushed kratom leaf
- A strainer
- Tea ball
- Optional – Honey/Mint/Sweeteners/Cinnamon
If you have all the above utensils and ingredients, then you are ready to try any of the three methods of preparing kratom tea.
So now, with the prerequisites sorted, let us get started!
Here Is A Step by Step Guide to A Perfect Cup of Kratom Tea
Riau kratom tea can be prepared using any of the following three methods:
1. Boiling Pot Method
- Take one liter of water in a pot and bring it to boil
- Let the water boil for a few minutes
- Reduce the heat
- Add the measured amount of Riau leaves, powder, or crushed leaves to the water
- Simmer for at least 10 to 20 minutes. It is best to avoid boiling as that can destroy the alkaloid content of Kratom, hence rendering it less beneficial.
- With the help of the strainer, pour the tea into serving cups, this will give you a delicious Riau tea to drink. If you used Maeng Da kratom powder, then before pouring, wait till the powder sits to the bottom.
- Get comfortable on the couch, and enjoy your tea, sip by sip!
Add around 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or lime to the simmering water before you add Riau kratom, the citric acid will preserve the alkaloids of Riau powder/leaves. Also, lemons add to the taste of the kratom tea.
Pro tip 2:
Occasionally stir the tea to make sure the powdered Riau doesn’t clump.
2. Teapot Method
- Add the desired quantity of water in a kettle (depending upon the number of people you want to serve or just one cup if you are making it for yourself)
- Let the water boil, meanwhile, measure the required dose of kratom powder or leaves and pack it in a tea ball or tea bags. If you are using powdered Riau kratom, it’s better to stuff it into the tea bag, if you are using leaves, use a tea ball as a tea infuser.
- Grab a cup and place the tea bag or tea ball in the empty cup.
- Till now the water must have boiled. You might hear your kettle whistling. Turn off the heat and let it cool down a bit!
- Do not give the water much time, or it will cool to room temperature. One minute should be fine. This depends upon your preference and your climate.
- Put the water into the cup.
- Take the first sip once you get the desired color. Steeping is a matter of personal preference. Wait longer if you want a stronger tea or if you like a milder taste, you are good to go as soon as your pour.
Enjoy the tea.
3. Under the Sun tea
- Take a large container or jug
- Fill the selected container or jug with the desired quantity of water at room temperature. You can make a large batch of milder Riau kratom tea with this method.
- Add Riau kratom leaves to the water (the number of leaves will depend upon the amount of water taken)
- Find a sunny spot and keep your jug under the sunlight
- Let it sit under the sun for a couple of hours so that the leaves can impart their essence and steep. This may take anywhere between 1 to 5 hours.
- Pour the tea using a strainer.
- At this step, you can add some ice cubes to make the tea chilled.
- Serve others and enjoy together as you have made a good batch!
Tip: If you do not want to add leaves directly to the water, you can use tea balls. In that case, you will require many tea bags as this method is usually used when you have to prepare a large serving together.
Tip: You can reuse the kratom leaves! Good quality leaves can be reused for two to three times depending upon how much you cook during the first preparation.
So now you know the method, but what about the dose of Kratom? How much should you add?
The amount of Kratom depends upon many factors, primarily on your level of expertise. A beginner should add around 2 grams of Riau kratom powder for each 2 to 3 cups of water. If you are a regular user, you would be knowing the right amount for your body. Moreover, the amount of Kratom you add would also determine the taste and the concentration.
If you like a stronger cup of tea, you would want to add more kratom powder or simmer for a little longer to make the tea concentrated.
If you like a lighter taste, add more water to dilute the tea. Ideally, 1-3 grams is for beginners, 3 to 5 grams should be sufficient for those who are neither beginners nor regulars, 5 to 7 grams gives you a stronger punch and above 7 grams is exclusively for experts!
The best way to measure your Kratom is to use a digital scale. A guessing game might end up with under-dose or overdose, both of these don’t give desirable effects.
Adding less Kratom would ruin the taste, and adding more would lead to unwanted side effects. So, it’s best not to cut corners in measuring the dosage.
You don’t have a digital measuring scale, then what?
Although it is best to measure using a digital scale, if you don’t have, then you can add a level teaspoon, which carries roughly 2 grams. So 4 grams would be equal to 2 teaspoons.
You can adjust the taste of your kratom tea!
You can add flavors to your cup of kratom tea. Adding apple cider vinegar or lemon gives the tea a pleasant citrus aroma and taste. Similarly, you can also add mint to the mixture. Mint accompanies several health benefits. For instance, it can relieve stress, headaches, clogged sinuses, can aid in the digestion process, and many more. If you have a sweet tooth, you can add honey, maple syrup, sugar, or any sweetener to the Riau tea.
After knowing the whole process of brewing kratom tea, one is bound to ask why Kratom tea, why not just toss and wash? Or take capsules?
Kratom tea vs. other methods of kratom consumption
Kratom tea is the most traditional way of consuming Riau kratom. The other methods are less famous among users and are newer when compared with tea. The toss and wash method gives a sharp, bitter taste. This method may not be suitable for beginners as first-time users may not be able to tolerate the bitterness. Moreover, this method gives a stronger kick when compared with kratom tea.
Kratom Capsules are the newest method of consuming. Capsules are way more expensive than the kratom powder and the leaves.
So if you are looking for a pleasant evening or a refreshing cup in the morning, then this method is the best for you to consume Riau Kratom.
FAQs About Making Kratom Tea
The same recipe can be used to make any strain of Kratom tea. If you wish to consume Indo, Bali, Sumatra, etc., use the same recipe, just substitute Riau kratom with your desired strain of Kratom.
As outlined above, you can add whatever pleases your tongue and heart. If you are more into the sweeter taste, add honey, sugar, maple syrup, or any sweetener of your choice. Some prefer adding a teabag of green tea of the flavor they desire. You can also add lemon juice to enhance the flavor and mask the bitterness of Kratom.
This can happen for a couple of reasons. Some of them include:
- A low quality or counterfeit Kratom; which in other words means that always buy your Kratom from an authentic vendor, so you get a high-grade quality.
- Too little or too much Kratom powder/leaves added to the water, or too much or too little water used.
- Inadequate cooking time.
- Maybe you are a beginner, so your taste buds didn't approve of the Kratom taste.
- Maybe your taste buds didn't like the strain of Kratom you used. Try any other strain of Kratom.
You can improve the taste by following the exact recipe, by buying from a trusted source, by trying different strains until you like one, or by adding flavors, like lemon, honey, etc., to enhance the flavor.
For maximum effects, take on an empty stomach as this will lead to faster absorption when compared with drinking after or with a meal. However, there is no harm in taking with meals either.
Yea, you can still make yourself a cup of wonderful kratom tea. All you need to do is wait before you pour so the liquid and the solute separates. Once the powder settles down, you can pour the tea, or if the leaves are floating, you can remove those with the spoon and enjoy the tea. Strainer surely hastens the process effortlessly, having one will save a lot of time and it's a one-time investment.
The beauty of kratom tea is that you can enjoy the way you like. Either brew it and gulp it while hot or serve it chilled. Add flavors to the tea, or you can add orange juice or pineapple juice, then let it cool down for a while, or refrigerate or add ice cubes. Enjoy your iced Riau Kratom tea!
Yes, if you have prepared a large batch, you can refrigerate the remaining tea in the form of ice cubes.
Undoubtedly crushed leaves! Crushed leaves give a stronger and more natural taste as compared to powder. This doesn't mean that kratom powder cannot brew a tasty cup of tea, but if you compare them both, then the former wins the race.
In the nutshell
If you are a fan of Riau Kratom tea, then you would surely enjoy this step by step guide to a perfect cup of Kratom tea. Make sure to take the measured doses of Kratom with the required quantity of water to make the tea delicious.
You can enhance the taste of kratom tea by adding lemon or other flavors. This cup of tea is all that you need for peace of mind, calmness, and serenity.
An early morning cup of white Riau Kratom will keep you charged and energized for the whole day and a cup of Red Riau Kratom tea in the evening will take away all the stress and anxiety that you had gathered in the long day at work and would make put you to a peaceful sleep.
Green Kratom tea is the perfect balance between the effects of white and red so that you can enjoy this at any time of the day. Do not forget to buy a high-quality kratom to brew you a perfect cup of Kratom tea.